Harlem Week Saluting:
Motown The Musical & Super Bowl 2014
Theme: Living The Dream: Celebrating History
Saluting the 150th Anniversary the signing of
"The Emancipation Proclamation"
1 pm Cultural Showcase - Featuring Millennium Dance Company, National Dance Institute and The African Chorus Ensemble
3 pm Gospel Caravan - International Gospel Showcase
5 pm Fashion Fusion - Featuring cutting edge fashion from designers of color
6 pm Songs in the Key of Life - Featuring Ray Chew & Harlem Music Festival All Stars
Saluting Stevie Wonder’s 50th Anniversary in music, Community Sing-A-Long
Attendees: Over 40,000 will attend this day-long, family-oriented event.
Event Description: Outdoor Festival and Concert featuring R&B, Gospel, Latin, Jazz, Dance, saluting Urban Fashions, offering Arts & Crafts, Food & Beverages, Tourism Exhibits, Corporate Exhibits, General Exhibitors & Vendors, Career Recruitment, etc.
Suggested Exhibitors/Vendors: Ideal event for selling, marketing and promoting educational information, books, arts and crafts, clothing, international foods and beverages, health-related services, technology services, social media, music and religious items, customer development, etc.
Exhibitor/Vendor Category Definitions*
* General (non food) — clothing, books, videos, handcrafts, art, etc.
* Food & Beverage — food or beverages prepared on site
* Community/Cultural/Civic Groups/Schools — Community groups selling food, art, crafts, clothing, toys, etc., must apply/register as General. Civic Groups may not sell items or products. All participants in this category must attach their 501c3 tax letter to this application.
* Small Business
IMPORTANT PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
* All General Vendors are required to obtain a current NYS Sales Tax Card, otherwise known as a NYS Certificate of Authority. There are local offices in Brooklyn and Queens. For further information or to obtain this form, call NYS Dept. of Tax & Fin at (518) 457-5342 or online at NYS-OPAL.com or NYSTAX.gov. Remember that the online registration takes approximately 20 business days and you must register every three years.
* Harlem Week, Inc. requires that all registered general vendors provide a copy of their Official Sales Tax Card upon checking in for set up at every event.
* All Vendors are also required to obtain a Street Fair Vendor License at NYC-DCA NY Licensing Center at 42 Broadway, 5th Floor, NY 10004 (212) 487-4104. You will need to bring valid state identification and your NYS Sales Tax card (see above). The Street Fair Vendor License costs ten dollars ($10.00) per month and you may pay up to seven months at one time. For more information, please visit http://www.nyc.gov/consumers.
* All Food Vendors must obtain a Temporary Food Establishment Permit for this event from NYC DOH at NY Licensing Center at 42 Broadway, 5th Floor, NY 10004 (212) 487-4105 between the hours of 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. You must register for this permit at least five (5) business days prior to the Harlem Week festival event.
* Harlem Week, Inc. firmly adheres to The NYC Fire Dept regulations therefore all Harlem Week vendors must indicate upon registration their intent to use propane, charcoal, helium or a generator.
CLICK HERE FOR FOR VENDOR APPLICATION